About Early Intervention
Early Childhood Intervention gives children with developmental delay or disability aged 0 to 6 the learning opportunities and supports they need to reach their potential. At Caring Hands, we work hand in hand with you, for you, to develop your child’s physical, cognitive, social, and emotional capabilities for today and tomorrow.
Our Service Framework
We are able to offer our early intervention service to you via three distinct modes – our group-based set program (Baby Bridges, we are not funded for this, but hopefully soon) Maytime carers program, and via tailored supports to address the individual needs identified in your child’s NDIS Plan.
Individually Tailored Supports
If your child qualifies for funding under the NDIS we can deliver early intervention supports that will best meet their needs. Therapies we can coordinate and deliver
for you include but are not limited to speech, occupational, physio, hydro,
and play therapies.
About Support Coordination
Support Coordination connects you with the human and material support you need to make your goals a reality.
We will help you to identify and access the supports that will serve you best, break down barriers to participation in community life, and strengthen your ability to manage your support framework without assistance.
At Caring Hands, we work with you, for you to bring your personalised support plan to live in a way that is easy to understand, simple, positive, and empowering.
What we do
Our goal is to develop a strong framework of supports around you so that you can achieve your goals.
Ways we can support you include:
• strengthening your ability to connect with and coordinate informal, mainstream, and funded supports;
• resolving points of crisis;
• strengthening your support networks;
• coordinating supports for you from different providers/with us
• resolving service delivery issues; and
• monitoring the different services, you access for their quality and cost, so you can make informed decisions about how you spend your disability support funds ongoing.
About Plan Management
With the roll-out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Queensland in July 2018, you will have unprecedented control over your disability funding support. Our Plan Management service helps you take control of the finances associated with delivering your support plan.
What we do
Managing a personal funding package can be complicated. Caring Hands will help you simplify this process by:
• Management all payments identified in your support plan including: making payments to providers; expense claims processing; developing your monthly statements; and claiming payments from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). We will satisfy all necessary statutory reporting requirements.
• Providing information about financial management to develop your self-management capabilities.
• Making you feel welcome
• Empowering you to reach your goals
• Making your life easier and more fulfilling; and
• Giving you more time to focus on what matters.